Friday, November 15, 2013

Cozy Days in the House

After the wealth of images that was the Budapest series (153 published images in 6 posts!) I feel the urge to slightly decompress. That's why I chose to put up something very small and simple this Friday. Ever since I got the Canon 6D I wanted to try out the Bulb (B) feature on it to do star trail photography. Unfortunately the nights around here were to cloudy to really get a good look at the stars.

With the Bulb feature you can leave the shutter open on your camera for how long you like, and if you do that at night, any trajectory of a moving subject will get caught on camera (like stars for example). This is deffinitly on my to-do list.

I did however manage to get a good shot of our house in the night. And I chose this image for the Friday My Town Shoot out group blog.

click on the images for a bigger view


The nights have been getting colder and colder here, and the need to cuddle up under the warm blankets of the bed has been growing and growing. Beni makes full use of this. While I was trying the camera outside on the balcony, he jumped on the bed and had a good look.



Happy weekend everybody! I hope you get the rest you need, and I'll have new material soon, and some Budapest leftovers too.

45 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely one..... great photo's Mersad

    wish you a very good weekend.

    Greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joop. Have a nice weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Great shots as always, Mersad, and I love the pics of Beni!! What a cutie that one is!!! Have a a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beni is such a doll baby. so cute and thinking what ARE you doing out on that cold balcony. and playing with a camera at night. i like the look of the photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I think I'll try the star trail photos tonight.

      Delete
  4. The night shot of the house is beautiful. Such soft colors. And, of course, you can't go wrong with photos of Beni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His photos are always a winner, I must say.

      Delete
  5. Your roof looks very flat. That dog is a cutie - I bet your are great pals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a flat roof. And, yes Beni and I are besties. :D

      Delete
  6. I like the perspective of the house shot and Beni looks like a sweetie!!
    Looking forward to your star shots.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Mersad! Your Pup is so clean, and white and fluffy! Very cute. Nice shots of your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been to the groomer and looks even smaller now.

      Delete
  8. Beni looks like a perfect companion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mersad my computer is shot can u fill in form me? Let. Ginger or Pauline know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean in the Spotlights? Sure I can. I'll let someone know.

      Delete
  10. Great night shot, Mersad. Looking forward to seeing your star trail photography.. sounds interesting.
    Oh, and Beni is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laure. Hope I get them right.

      Delete
  11. Little Beni is a first rate choice. Love the first shot of him, looking up, looking so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's his look to fool everyone. :)

      Delete
  12. LOL! It would be hard to resist that little face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the purple sky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last shot best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty shot of the house and Beni is a real cuitie! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beni is a wise dog, not for him a cold air excursion when there are blankets to keep him warm. Still, I'm glad you ventured out to take your pictures. The shot of the house is great and those of Beni show how adorable he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. Hope you and your husband are having a great weekend, and that he is feeling good!

      Delete
  17. Cute pup you have there. Nice pic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Staying inside and just looking out through the window is often the more tempting alternative this time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd like to cuddle up with Beni!

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg, your pup is such a cutie! your house looks beautiful and inviting, mersad, too..
    my favourite photo is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice shots and what a cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.