Saturday, July 12, 2014

Walk on a Summer Night [Part 1/2]: Modern Mostar

I took an evening stroll through Mostar with my camera the other night. I visited the book fair first, but continued roaming the city and taking shots. I wanted to divide the images I took into two parts. Part one is about the more modern part of the city, while the second part will be nightly summer shots from the old part of town where the Old Bridge is located.

This is a two part series:

click on the images for a bigger view

A shot of my high school with the moon rising in the background. Summer nights in Mostar are special, because the city is filled with people, both locals and tourists.



The city emblem, engraved on a stone in the Spanish Square. It shows the Old Bridge with the river Neretva flowing underneath it.




Above: the main walking lane in Mostar. Below: A side entrance to the city park that you can access directly from the walking lane.


A small cafe next to the park. As the night approaches people are slowly filling the empty seats...


The Spanish Square in Mostar. It was recently reconstructed, with new seating arrangements, fountains and flower beds.




A look from the Tito Bridge on the river Neretva. Night is rolling in and the colors of the city are changing.



I hope you enjoyed taking a stroll with me thorugh the modern part of the city. Of course, there is more to show from the modern part, but these happened to be the sights that I captured on my route. 

Part Two will be up tomorrow and there we will visit the old town of Mostar at night.


18 comments:

  1. I will be waiting eagerly to see the night shots. you do them so well.. i like the way the blue sky is picked up in the windows of your high school. the three girls in the street is my favorite because it makes them look so small and the trees so very tall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy the rest as well. The trees on the walking lane are indeed huge.

      Delete
  2. beautiful blue in those dusk skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly beautiful captures of a beautiful place and what a wonderful walk you've taken us on, Mersad!! Your photos are the next best thing to being there myself. Hope you're enjoying a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos! Your hometown looks lovely at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallöchen.... ach was liebe ich die blaue Stunde !! So geniale Aufnahmen ... Spitzenmäßig !

    Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Timur. Freut mich das sie Dir gefallen.

      Delete
  6. A very nice stroll through your town... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful city! I really like the night photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine evening and night photos. I look forward to the second part of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gave us a sense of evening life in Mostar through these beautiful images.
    Totally enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. So glad you liked them.

      Delete
  10. More impressive low light photography! I really like the way you are able to capture the low light scenes so realistically.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the walking lane; it's always good to take care of the pedestrians. I am interested in the signs; I agree with no cars or guns since both could be lethal, but don't ban dogs!! They could be friendly and loving!! A bike lane would be nice, too. Great city photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the dogs (since I have one). But I guess they want to make the place friendly for families and children first, since there is a big playground in the center of the park.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful evening photos. Looks like a great city to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.