New York City is not a place that will leave you unfazed. As the popular song by Jay Z and Alicia Keys says "It's a concrete jungle, that dreams are made of" and I have to say it's completely true. I'm not a traveler that is fond of big cities, though I have visited a lot during my travels. Generally speaking, big cities are a bust. It's a hassle to get anywhere, lots of people are roaming the streets and usually the things that are most prominent turn out to be not that exciting.
But this is not the case with New York City. Leave your predetermined notions about big cities at the door and enter a world where everything is possible. New York City has a soul, that may not be liked by everybody, but it's still there, in every street, every smile and every corner you make. Skyscrapers are dominating the Manhattan peninsula and are equally exciting as the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the bridges in Venice, if not even more so.
So for this post I will share some of my personal favorite places in New York City, that you shouldn't miss out. Of course these will be known to many since the city is so famous, but I want to share some hidden places in those parts as well, that hopefully will be of interest to you.
Top 10 Things to Do in New York City
1. See the Manhattan Skyline
2. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge and Explore the Seafront
3. Explore Times Square
4. Roam Central Park and visit the Museums
5. Visit a show on Broadway
6. Walk the High Line
7. Get a Subway Multi day Metro Card
8. Visit the Statue of LibertyBook your tickets for the ride in advance, the lines are very long for the Statue of Liberty. You can ride the Staten Island Ferry which is free, but it wont get you to the statue, only ride past it. Tickets for entrance to the Statue are payed extra and you have to get them well in advance.
9. One World Center and 9/11 Memorial
10. Walk, Roam and Explore
I hope you enjoyed this tour through New York City and that these tips will be useful to you.